Pokemon Green U.S.A Box Art (1998)
September 30th 2015
Just a quick update. I have determined the material that I will be using for the final revision of the box. In addition, I have also determined the correct method to folding the box to ensure the artwork will not crack, seems trivial, but this was important to me.
Material: PaperBoard .024 (point) Caliper White Coated – Link
Stay tuned for further updates.
May 15th 2015
I’ve uploaded a video of the Green rom that will be played on the final cartridge.
July 31st 2014
Project is not dead, just, as usual, on hold.
March 24th 2013
Work has begun on the new 300dpi version!
See here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f237/updated-new-300dpi-version-progress-30-pokemon-green-u-s-box-art-1998-a-115151/index4.html#post4675148
All 5 items listed below have/will be addressed in the new 300dpi version, once completed.
1. *This is a big one* Redo the all the text and low res parts with a new 300DPI version.
– This includes the Bar-code, Characters and Logos (Amusing I can find a higher res version, help is appreciated) ALL the typed text
2. Clean up the battle screenshot (If anyone wants to recreate the Sandshrew vs Meowth screen shot that would be AWESOM!)
3. Re-size and realign some things, logos, text characters.
4. Correct the game code on both the box and cartridge
– Box: DMG P APBA Cart: DMG-APBA-USA
5. Re-size the cartridge slot inside, original cut is way over sized.
6. More Soon.
November 12th 2011
The current status of this project. Well, it has slowed down but is not dead. I’ve been tied up in a few other things including my MAME Arcade machine 😉 Rest assured I hope to have this 100% completed, at some point.
Will I release the final artwork. I’m not sure yet, it depends on how I feel, on the day, and of the artwork.
I appreciate the community support and its basically what is driving me to finish this! (Keep encouraging me and we might see the 100% final sooner then later!)
July 21st 2011
I’ve been playing with PhotoShop for the last few days and I’ve come up with this!
I’ve still got a lot of work to do, but this is my first printed prototype.
*It’s small because my printer will not accept paper large enough (10″x20″)
**The colors are slightly off because my printer is cheep
***The alignment is off and I will be fixing this in the future.
Anyways, here’s what I’ve got so far.
The point? To print out an awesome proper one that would look amazing in my collection, on my shelf.